Albert Einstein said "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance You Must Keep Moving" and who am I to argue with him - or that!
On the other side of the spectrum we have Winnie the Pooh saying "People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day". We just have to love this bear. Reality is though, Winnie the Pooh does follow the "You Must Keep Moving" maxim, if not, we would not know and love our Pooh the way we do.
Getting back to You Must Keep Moving, here are a few results from a quick search on www.brainyquote.com/topics/moving
- It's not only moving that creates new starting points. Sometimes all it takes is a subtle shift in perspective, an opening of the mind, an intentional pause and reset, or a new route to start to see new options and new possibilities. Kristin Armstrong
- It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. Confucius
- If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. Henry Ford
- We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. Walt Disney
There are some pretty famous and successful names in there, don't know about you but my inclination is to pay attention. Aside from that, I have two compelling reasons of my own:
- I've tried Winnie the Pooh's way of doing nothing every day (not literally, nothing but certainly nothing of importance, nothing earth shattering, nothing hugely meaningful - I've spun my wheels and survived, not challenged the status quo, gone with the flow ... we've all done it). This has resulted in a life that is not fulfilling, not rewarding, not exciting ... far too many "nots" for my liking
- I'm currently doing the moving and loving the outcomes.
What does this mean, what am I doing? I have started regular daily practices (as encouraged by my mentors and in the book I am currently reading, The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson) :
I focus on my desired outcomes, not for that day, but for my life. This sets my mind on the big picture - in my minds eye I can see the way I want to live, what it sounds like, what it smells like, how I feel, how I want to contribute;
I express gratitude for three things - that is three different things every, single, day
I pray and ask for purpose, for guidance, that my heart, eyes, and ears will be open to my purpose, my calling
I am training my brain to focus with a two-minute meditation
Why am I doing this? My desire is to make a difference in the lives of and serve others. I believe we are all called to make a difference and serve. Not for reasons of fame or grandeur but because that is a part of what God has created us to do.
An important aspect is that I am building a business, not just any business, but one that can and will make a difference in the lives of others. A digital business which reaches far and wide, as far as the world wide web goes. A business with purpose, one that fits with my values and belief system, one that makes it easier to follow the maxim You Must Keep Moving.
Are you looking for an opportunity to create a business and a life with meaning, purpose, and momentum? I encourage you to look at this business model, click on the link below ...