By the time you retire, you are likely to know what you enjoy doing.
In fact, you may have become quite an expert at a particular topic such as Golf, Fishing, Cooking, Woodworking, Travel or Crafts.
- You may have also had job experience (such as security or financial) that you can turn into an exciting opportunity on the Internet. Imagine turning your lifelong passion into a profit-churning business and enjoying it.
- There are so many online options for you to become a senior entrepreneur. Blogging, affiliate marketing, creating digital courses and many more ideas are waiting for you to voice your expertise to help others learn what you already know. Sometimes until you take this road you don’t realise how much you know which can be a great help to others.
- Exploring it further, you may see a way to turn that knowledge into a business that you can profit from and enjoy. Whether you’re looking for a niche that you’ll have fun dabbling in or one that will fill a need and make money – you can find success by following your passion.
- There are different ways to go about picking a niche. Aside from profits and passions, make sure you either know enough about the concept to share it, or you’re willing to learn and share
There’s Nothing Wrong with Starting Your Business As A Newbie
If you own the fact you are a newbie and say so, people will love to watch the journey unfold as someone absorbs information that’s new to them, and shares how they implement the knowledge until they achieve success.
- Make sure that you can enjoy – or at least stomach – writing about your chosen topic on a regular basis. Don’t pick something that will make you dread working on it often because blogs and online businesses require your daily attention.
- Go into a bookstore into the non-fiction category, or look online, and see what kinds of topics there are. These are generally topics people will pay money for – such as, the best way to travel, cooking advice, craft ideas and more. Also look for books on mindset which will help you get in the right frame of mind.
- Think about whether you want to be in a broad niche, such as anti-aging or survival – or if you prefer to narrow it down to something like skincare or food prepping. Sometimes a broad niche gives you more opportunities for sales, but the narrow niche enables you to position yourself as the go to expert a little more easily
If you’re happy to learn new skills, happy to put the time in, happy to be with like-minded people who will help, coach and encourage you 24/7 – you will become an entrepreneur.
Good Luck, Be Positive, Have Fun! – Go Forward With 60PlusEntrpreneurs.com
For a copy of our Guide for Seniors Building a Business on the Internet