You've heard the cliche' that life is too short. You don't know what tomorrow will bring or where you'll end up. So why waste your time in a career that doesn't make you happy?
Studies have shown that happy people tend to earn higher salaries... we have all heard the saying ‘do what you love and the money will follow’.
Finding a way to achieve happiness in your career should be a priority as let's face it, if you are not happy at work, you most likely will not be happy at home, which will more than likely affect those around you. People who do what they love tend to live happier more productive lives.
Here are six reasons why it is important to do what you love for a living:
1. You'll have higher self-esteem. If you are happy in your workplace you will feel good about yourself, have more energy and will be more likely to go after bigger and better opportunities.
2. You'll be more motivated and pro-active. If you enjoy what you do you will have the motivation and inspiration to push through those tough days instead of feeling over whelmed and giving up. You'll have the desire to achieve more.
3. You'll have more earning potential. By being happy you have the ability to drive sales, gain more customers, reach targets etc which will lead to the opportunity to a well deserved pay increase. Customers are more attracted to happy people.
4. Your health will be better. People who don't enjoy their jobs can have increased blood pressure, headaches, suffer from stress etc. If you enjoy your work you will have a better overall well-being and energy to do a whole lot more than slump on the couch every evening!
5. You'll gain more respect. Being a positive person with a can do attitude allows you to gain respect by those around you which makes your work environment and life a much happier place.
6. You'll have a happier home life. Instead of coming home stressed and unhappy you will be more energetic for your family and friends.
Most people live the life they think they have to live. They are unfulfilled, overworked, stressed and stuck in a system that exploits them instead of helping them achieve their highest potential. They get the education they think they need to get the job society says they should want. Is this You? You deserve a Life that You Love, we ALL do!
So what are you waiting for? Live the life you’ve imagined. Live the life you deserve.