Hello everyone, I am home now from my work away this week thank goodness. There is nothing like coming home is there.
Well, I went off the rails in style…..but what can you do at work functions when your away and it’s just a carb and sugar fest on offer with a tiny sprinkle of shrubbery? Plus all that constant attention takes a toll on your appetite. So, I have had some cake and biscuits but I did not just go nuts with it, I also had a glass of cider and half a pint of Peroni which was nice I have to say. I will not feel guilty and give myself a hard time about this as that is just a waste of time. I shall just pick up again and carry on, after all this is a journey and there will be ups and downs and bumps in the road.
So, this morning when I got up I just did 20 squats and that’s it, but, I am going to pilates later so that will keep me on track for my workouts.
Now moving swiftly on, I made this recipe on Saturday night and wanted to share it with you, it’s Spinach pasta and it’s so easy to do and quite fun as it’s green!
· 100g of Spinach
· 200g of White spelt flour (you can use any but I like this as it has less gluten in it)
· 1 Leek chopped
· Handful of mushrooms sliced (about 6)
· ¼ of a red onion diced
· 200g of baby tomatoes
· 1 tsp of garlic powder
· 1 tblsp of olive oil
· Salt and pepper to taste (I use the Himalayan pink salt as it is less refined and better for you)
· Put the spinach and flour in a food processor and process until it makes a dough consistency, be patient as it will take a few minutes, it will seem like crumbs for ages then all of a sudden turn into dough.
· Place dough on a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
· Pull off bits of dough and roll into long strips like you probably used to do with play-doh to make sausages but really thin. (see picture below).
· Chop up all the veg and fry in the olive oil and spices for 5 minutes or so until softened.
· Whilst frying the veg bring a pan of water to the boil and drop in the pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
· When the pasta is ready pour a small amount of the water into the frying pan with the veg, just about 50ml or so, then drain off the rest of the water.
· Add the pasta to the pan with the veg and cook for a further 2-5 minutes depending on what your preference is.
I hope you like this as much as I did and if you have a go at making it yourself, please post a picture in Instagram and hashtag #channel_freedom the link for my Instagram account is here where I have more pictures of the recipe in action. https://www.instagram.com/channel_freedom/