It’s recipe Wednesday again :-)
Up at the usual 6am time to the obnoxious alarm. It’s getting to the point now where a lie in at the weekend only lasts until 7.30, maybe that will change as the days get a bit darker, I hope so.
I did my physio exercises and 20 mins of kettlebells this morning. I am also going to Pilates class in a bit too.
Still being mindful and I also mediated a bit this morning and set up my day.
I have a favourite recipe of mine that I made up a few years ago as an experiment as when I did eat meat I used to love shepherd’s pie as the meat was all minced up and you did not have to chew big lumps of it. I came up with this idea and thought I would share it with you. This will serve 2 people and I usually eat half one night and have the other the next night.
· 100g Green lentils
· 1 Carrot diced (or 2 small ones)
· 50g Peas
· 100ml Bisto Best onion gravy (this is the best as it’s granules so just add boiling water to a teaspoon of granules)
· 2 medium potatoes
· ½ teaspoon mustard powder
· ½ teaspoon marigold vegetable bouillon stock powder
· Knob of butter
· Dash of milk
· Grated cheddar for topping
· Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C
· Rinse the lentils and add to a saucepan, cover with boiling water from the kettle and add in the vegetable bouillon powder and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 mins.
· After 10 minutes of lentil cooking time add the diced carrots.
· After 20 minutes of lentil cooking time add the peas.
· Whilst lentils are cooking, peel and chop the potatoes into chunks and add to a pan of cold water and bring to the boil, cook until soft (about 15-20 mins depending on the size you have cut the potatoes to).
· Make 100 ml of onion gravy with the granules.
· Once the lentils, carrots and peas have cooked, drain and add to a small to medium pyrex dish, then pour in the onion gravy and mix well.
· Drain the potatoes once cooked and mash adding in the mustard powder, milk and butter (so it’s nice and ceamy, mmmm)
· Add the mashed potatoes to the lentil mixture and spread around on top until covered.
· Sprinkle on the grated cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until the top is golden.
Chow down and enjoy.
Let me know if you try this and tag channel_freedom in your pictures. The link to my Instagram account is here. https://www.instagram.com/channel_freedom/