Here is a list of 12 simple tips to consider incorporating into your healthy routine to help balance your mind, body, and spirit.
1. Exercise Daily - Find an exercise you enjoy and start doing it regularly. Outside, in nature is far more beneficial than inside, so consider this wisely when looking at exercise options. Beneficial exercise, especially outside helps us to ground ourselves - Literally. Plant your bare feet on the earth as often as possible.This helps move stale energy out of the body and balance the 'electrics' of the body.
2. Get outdoors more - Go for a hike in nature, absorb the nourishment from the sun and natural light. It is not natural to be indoors under artificial light. We all need natural light, fresh air, breeze and sounds to balance your mind, body and spirit.
3. Be grateful - Stop to think about the things you have going for you and appreciate them.This helps us balance what really matters in our lives. You may want to create a daily gratitude journal to help you see more clearly and acknowledge all that you can be grateful for daily.
4. Get plenty of sleep - Sleep is regenerative for your body. The more sleep you get the better you will perform the next day.The body cycles through important processes of assimilation and elimination at various times during sleep, break these cycles and you risk getting a very ' toxic' body.
5. Breathe deeply - Whenever you think about it stop and take a deep breath. Over time this will become a healthy habit. Keeping your body oxygenated is important for life. Make sure the air is fresh!
6. Install a shower filter and Drink clean water- Chlorine is a poison and is used to purify nearly all our water. You don't want to inhale it or absorb it through your skin while showering. - Get a filtration system for your drinking water. Fluoride and other contaminants are not good for your body. Try the simple Berkey Water filter. It is very effective with all contaminants, is easy to use and lasts for years.
7. Eat organic or clean, safe foods - Chemicals are killing pests on the crops. They are not good for you either. Your body has a lot of friendly bacteria and organisms that digest food and keep you healthy. Pesticides are designed to kill all of these and therefore do not belong in your body! Simple as that. Be more conscious or what you eat. Let food be your medicine. After all your entire body is built from the fuel you put in it.
8. Do more yoga and stretching - Great for the body and mind. This keeps the body flexible and strong and can be easily adapted for any age. Exercise for life!
9. Spend more time with loved ones - In our busy lives, we need to make time for the people who matter to us most.
10. Alkalize the body - Eat plenty of greens - Dark leafy greens are rich in vitamins, minerals and chlorophyll. These all help alkalize the body and keep the body chemistry in balance.
11. Live your passion - Do more of what you love. Very importantly this gives you purpose and meaning to your life.
12. Meditate - Set some time aside each day to rest your mind. There are plenty of meditation tapes and courses that are extremely good to get you going. But simply, you can just find a quiet place sit, be still, close your eyes and relax......! Let your thoughts pass.. don't 'grab them' let them go like watching an old movie.
Slowly start incorporating these ideas into your daily routine and see how they positively impact the overall balance of your body, mind and spirit. Enjoy !