What does it mean to have fun? Why is it important to have fun? How can you have more fun in your life to reduce stress and improve the quality of your life?
Enjoying yourself doesn’t necessarily mean carving a big block of time from your day or your week, or spend big buck on a pricy spree. You can have a lot of fun doing simple things that you love, things that allow you to be totally disconnected from your responsibilities, difficulties, misfortune and be in the moment.
I am writing about this matter because I am aware that being a busy mother and a business woman I forget to reward myself and have fun, so I did some research on the net around this matter in order to improve my life, and here I want to share my take a way.
First things first, If you want to have fun, you have to get into the right mindset and embrace every opportunity for a good time. If you're relaxed and not afraid to be a little silly, then you can have fun almost anywhere, whether you're at a party or in the middle of a work day. Here some ideas on how to have more fun.
1. Find a new hobby or passion. You may not be having as much fun as you want because you feel like you're doing the same old thing day after day. Well, finding a new hobby is a great way to spice up your routine, pick up a new skill; this will create some new fun thing to look forward to on a daily basis. Finding a hobby will also force you to carve out some personal time for yourself and will make you less stressed; more open to fun.
2. Listen to music. Music helps reduce stress and kills a bad mood. Listen to music that you like when you feel stressed.
3. Think more positively. Being a positive thinker is a great way to put a new spin on the same old thing, therefore, opens the door to having more fun. Your whole life will brighten: daily routine, friends, and goals will be more attractive once you learn to embrace the best in every situation. So, stop obsessing over all of the little things that can go wrong and think more positively.
4. Establish contact with nature. Go out for a walk in the early morning when the sun is young and the air is fresh the birds are tweeting, do some outdoor exercises it is so good to breathe the fresh oxygen.
5. Reduce the stress in your life. You won't be able to have fun if you're stressed out over the little things that come your way. If you're busy worrying about when you'll get all your work done, then you'll never have any fun. Here's how to reduce the stress in your life.
A. Relax your mind. Spend some time meditating, doing yoga, or taking long walks to think about short term goals, plan things in advance.
B. Relax your body. Just 30 minutes of exercise a day or a good massage once or twice a week is guaranteed to release tension.
C. Make time for fun. No matter how stressed out you may feel, you should plug "fun time" into your schedule every single week. (Every single day is even better. Just making time for fun for a few hours a week can help improve your state of mind enormously.
D. Get enough sleep. Going to bed and waking up around the same time every day is guaranteed to improve your energy levels and make you feel more capable of handling your responsibilities.
E. Find a new activity to do with your friends. Find good company to try new things with will make you have fun no matter what.
You should try some of these:
a) Dance. Dancing with your friends is always a good time; no matter how silly or insecure you may feel. You can dance at a house party, at a club with a few close friends. Moving your body and even singing along to the lyrics of a silly song will definitely make you have more fun.
b) Hang out with the right people. Part of having fun is hanging out with people who bring more fun and joy to you. Don’t hang out with a Negative Nancy or a person who is always sad for no reason. Hang out with people who crack you up. If you're laughing, you'll be able to have fun no matter where you are. Hang out with people who are positive, because these are the people who are excited about life.
c) Laugh more. One of the best ways to have fun is simply to laugh more. Other people can help you do this, whether you laugh because of their corny jokes or because you find yourself in the middle of a ridiculous situation with your friends.
d) Don't be afraid to be silly or goofy. When you're hanging out with friends, you can sing into your hairbrush, dance like a fool. Let go of your inhibitions and you'll be having more fun.
Enjoy the original of Cyndi Lauper. Girls want to have fun.
You know I have lately been having so much fun learning something new and share it with someone else, you can’t imagine how rewarded I feel, it is the joy and fulfillment.
Have fun in your life and please practice it mindfully. Have fun doing your chores, raising your children, working on a big demanding project, or at school learning, starting your own business, career, whatever you are doing... Chose to be happy, it is your choice, and have fun with being you with all the hardship and misfortunes.
From my heart to your, love and regards to the divine in you!