How I finally managed to start shredding kilos!
- Do you have a few pesky kilos or more to lose?
- Have you been trying to lose weight and still not seeing results?
- Do you eat healthily and exercise regularly and still not seeing results?
Well, I was all those things! I've been going to the gym for years and never getting the results I was after. I was not shredding kilos.
I would walk half an hour to the gym with my baby in the pram, put her in the creche, work out for about an hour, then walk a half hour back home. I would do this mostly 5 days a week and I thought it was a good amount of exercise. I would do this routine for about a year and still didn't lose any weight, though I would eat pretty healthy I probably snacked more than I should have.
The creche ended up closing there so I moved to a different gym. I got a new programme written up for me and I was on my way.
After a few months training my butt off, still no results. You can imagine how frustrating that must be, especially when I'm only wanting to lose about 8-10 kilos. When people are saying to you " You have 4 children, its only natural to have a
My eating habits would consist of ACV(apple cider vinegar) and turmeric in
How silly was I! I was finally fed up and spoke to an awesome personal trainer who was also a very successful figure bodybuilder and she got me on the right track with a meal plan. Though most of the time I ate healthily I would overeat, have too many good fats in the one meal or throughout the day, I would not eat regularly enough and I was definitely not getting enough protein. The 80% diet 20% exercise rule definitely does apply but it is also how you eat your food.
So I am not an expert by any means, I just wanted to share my story and maybe someone else out there has had the same problem and maybe this may help you also.
Now every morning I still have my,
- ACV and turmeric in warm water, then 50g of oats with protein and rice milk.
- Then after the gym, I'll have my protein shake with banana, frozen berries and chia seeds.
- Then 3hrs later (no more) I'll either have chicken or fish with salad or veggies or maybe an omelet with spinach.
- Three hours later I might have 4 vita
weatswith avocado and cottage cheese.
- Three hours later dinner, and if I was still hungry after that I could have 50g of greek yogurt with vanilla ice cream flavor protein powder, so yummy.
So in 2 weeks of this plan I had lost a kilo, that is all it took was a bit of planning, consistency, measurements and portion size. I barely ever felt hungry and if I did, I would have carrot and celery with some cottage cheese or something healthy.
If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to comment below.
Be Kind, Be Free, Be You.