Starting plant based diet is not easy. Especially if you are not use to eating vegetables or even worse you eat your breakfast or lunch at McDonald's. I would like you to look at few things from different angle.
- You have to understand the benefits of being vegan on plant based diet. More info here.
- It doesn’t mean that you have to like all vegetables only because you are starting new diet. Find yourself favourite vegan recipes. See the list of vegan websites with delicious recipes at he bottom of the page.
- Get used to new tastes. If you eat junk food it will take time for your taste buds to get use to new flavours.
- Make your health number one priority and treat your body like temple. If you keep this idea in your mind it will be easier for you not to eat or do things which are not good for your health. Strive for wellness and good health.
- Eat to live, don’t live to eat. Eat food to thrive and make you healthy, not to make you sluggish and unhealthy.
- Eat for nourishment rather than simulation.
- Read books and watch videos about plant based died and veganism. See the list of recommended books and videos at the bottom of the page.
- Find someone who is already doing it. You can speak to them to seek inspiration or support.
- It’s very difficult to switch to plant based diet and over night. I had four months of transitioning period when I was educating myself by reading books and teaching myself how to prepare my healthy meals.
- Eating healthy requires planning to prepare your healthy meals. So plan your meals and your shopping few days in advance.
- Be happy and proud that you are vegan, not sad because you are vegan. Enthusiastically accept it as your new lifestyle and identity. Be happy that you saving lives of innocent beings and making difference in the world.
Lists of websites with recipes:
- www.onegreenplanet.com has a massive collection of recipes great source for veganising favourite recipes.
Recipes on a budget:
Gluten free and sugar free on budget:
More gluten-free and other allergies:
Raw Food Recipes:
Indian and creative recipes: