After the raging success of the gratitude challenge I set myself recently I’ve decided to adopt another practice that both my Mum (aka the wisest lady I know) and the guru’s recommend for improving your mindset and your mental game in general.
- 2 weeks meditate for at least 10 minutes before bed each night
- No breaks or interruptions allowed
- Make a dedicated meditation space
- Guided meditations (youtube, audiotapes, etc) are allowed
- I’m going to forget to do this if I rely solely on my memory- set a phone reminder
- Hoping for sounder sleep and that it will make it easier to go to sleep if I’m calm and centred
- 10 minutes might not be enough to make a significant impact but it’s a starting point
If anyone has any recommendations/advice for a beginner meditator like me they would be much appreciated, please feel free to leave them in the comments below.