Do you dread your morning journey into work? Many do but by making just one or two changes to your morning routine you can make all the difference to the start of your working day.
Here are 5 different ways you could improve your commute starting today.
- Walk to work. If your work is two miles or less perhaps don your walking boots and get your stride on. Make a point of noticing the environment that surrounds you, you'll soon start to see the beauty in the smallest of things, you could even photograph and record these as a project. When you walk you notice more because you are more connected to the landscape that surrounds you and though you may be a fast walker, you move at a much slower pace.
- Listen to a comedy podcast. You'll probably find that this not only has an impact on your mood but it also has a knock-on effect on your fellow commuters. You know how laughter is infectious? You could make a difference to the start of someone else's day. How cool is that?
- If you drive to work listen to an audiobook like 'Ask and it is given' by Abraham Hicks. It could open your mind to the possibilities that are out there. You can find this and many others on Audible.
- Park as far away from your workplace as possible. I once had a job (a pretty horrid one at that) where I had to drive to get there but I would park at the furthest end of the car park. My colleagues thought I was mad but I didn't care. That physical space in between gave me a little bit of much-needed headspace.
- Meditate and focus on the positives in your life before you get out of the car. I used to also try and find positives about the place where I was working. This was hard but I could always find some, even if they were minuscule. Then meditate for 5 breaths, this takes seconds but can be very effective.
Small changes can make a big difference to your life and you'll soon find what works best for you.
Arrive at work with a spring in your step and a smile on your face, with renewed energy and a clear mind. It's the best gift that you can give yourself to ease you into the working day.
If you enjoyed reading please share :)
PS In case you missed my first blog you can find it here a more fulfilling life