Leave a CommentInternet and Businesses Online, Relationships, Health and Fitness, Investing, Self Improvement, Home and Family 174 views
Hi it's Dermot again. If you read my last blog from 10th April, you will know that this is a follow up to that blog and part of a "Recovery from Addiction Series", If not read on:
Chemical Dependency is very hard to explain properly in the context of a blog as I could be writting all night, and you reading all night. If you do want further information on Chemical Dependency, I suggest you Google it Here are a few links you can look at: https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/media-guide/science-drug-abuse-addiction-basics
CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY IS A PRIMARY DISEASE
• It has Identifiable Signs & Symptoms:
• -It’s Progressive.
• -It’s Chronic.
• -It’s the cause of many cancers or aggravates ither illnesses.
* -It Kills.
HOW IT EFFECTS US
• Mentally - Thought functions are distorted.
• Physically - Deterioration of the whole body.
• Emotionally - Numbed to feelings.
• Spiritually - Loss of morals & values.
• Socially - Isolation.
• Psychological Cravings - Thoughts of drinking & using.
• Denial & Delusion - Incapable of honesty & lives in ulterior reality
• Distorted thinking -Irrational negative thoughts.
• Paranoia - Extreme anxiety and social phobia
• Black Outs - Memory lapses when intoxicated
• Memory Loss - Loss of short term memory
• Psychosis - Complete psychological break down, can be violent.
• Alcoholic Seizure fits - accute withdrawl from alcohol & some benzodiazapines
• Strokes - Anurisms due to high blood pressure caused by excessive use.
• ARBI – Wet Brain or Korsikovs Syndrome.
• Chemically dependant - Whole body, including cells are addicted to a chemical
• Throat Cancer - aggravated due to the excessive use of alcohol & drugs.
• Mouth Cancer - aggravated due to the excessive use of alcohol & drugs
• Aesophogitis - aggravated due to the excessive use of alcohol & drugs
• Reflux - aggravated due to the excessive use of alcohol & drugs
* Coronary Diseases- Can be caused and or aggravated due to the excessive use of alcohol & drugs
• High Cholesterol - Will be raised especially due to alcohol
• Emphysema - Due to smoking cigarettes, hash, heroin and other substances.
• Lung Cancer - same as above, however alcohol abuse can also be causal.
• Stomach Ulcers - caused and aggravated by alcohol & drug abuse.
• Stomach Cancer - same as stomach ulcers.
• Cirrhosis - caused by excessive abuse of alcohol
• Pancreatitis - a knock on effect from liver dissorders.
• Kidney failure - Excessive alcohol use
• Anaemia - Abuse of all drugs & alcohol.
• Septicaemia - Especially common in drug users who inject.
• Hepatitis - Same as septicaemia.
• Arthritis & Rheumatism - Like ataxia, long term abuse of alcohol & drugs.
• Ataxia & circulation problems - legs swelling inability to walk properly, very poor circulation, high probability of clots & strokes.
• Shame & Guilt - Cannot face themselves for the past, continue to use & drink
• Fear & Anxiety - Fear of fear itself & fear of an uncertain future without alcohol.
• Self pity & Depression - In ability to take responsibility and action
• Self Loathing& Very Low Self Worth - same as shame and guilt, self hatred
• Anger - angry at everything, volatile & reactive.
• Resentments - Hate the world for their perceived misgivings.
• Emotional Isolation - Feels very alone even amongst family.
• Egotistical - Counter acts all the negative thoughts & feelings through inflated ego.
• Blame - Like resentments, the inability to take responsibility, full of excuses.
• Deceit - Lies and dishonesty mainly to protect addiction.
• Emotionally Immature - stunted emotional growth due to addiction.
• Disconnected from Life & Reality - No sense or feelings of Hope, Faith, or Love
• Morally Dead - Cannot distinguish between right & wrong, uncaring.
• Loss Of Values - No passion for anything.
• Loss Of Faith - Lost
• Hopelessness & Suicidal - Desperation, attempted & completed suicide.
• Social Rejects - People will not want to socialise with them
• Cannot face other People - Full of fear and paranoia
• Irrational Fears - Always predicting that only the worst will happen
• Stop Socialising - Isolates, agrophobic
• Become a Recluse - as above
• Job Loss - due to absenteeism, or under the influence at work.
• Un employable - no confidence to look for work or unfit to work.
• Family rejection - eventually family cannot tolerate anymore.
• Drain on state & family resources - disability, un employment assistance, multiple admissions to Accident & Emergency Departments and Jails.
• “It’s the Only disease we will deny having” through Ego, expressed as:
• -Denial & Self Deception.
• -Diversion & Not sharing specifics.
• -Overly Compliant & Busyness.
• -People Pleasing.
• -Rationalizing & Minimising.
• -Inappropriate Humour.
• -Blame & Attack.
• -“I will go to the grave defending what put me there”.
• -All this is fuelled by self:
• If someone gave you a bottle of Poison to drink & you know that if you did it would most likely kill you,
• Would You drink it?
• Alcohol & or drugs have been doing it for years.
If you are reading this article in "Recovery from Addiction Series" Chemical Dependency, then hopefully you are in recovery or are a family member. In that case you won't have to be suffering any of those symptoms anymore. It is a very sobering thought though, as anyone in addiction, including me, are only ever only an arms reach from the next drink. All it takes is one drink or one drug to bring it all back.
"I would not wish that existance on my worst enemy, so why would I even contemplate going down that road myself again. I've been in that hell and when you've been to Hell, everything else is Heaven."
My next article is on Choice, stay tuned.
The article "Recovery from Addiction Series" Chemical Dependency is the opinion of the author and if you would like to contribute to it, please leave a comment in the comment box below. If you want to subscribe, for free, to any further blogs of mine please click on the blue box below.
Growth in Recovery and in life, takes commitment & courage, but if you are not willing to take a risk, and push your boundaries, even a little then you will be stuck where you are, until you do.
If, like me & you are in recovery, then I know your pain & you have been to hell and back. But think of this, you are not a victim, but a survivor and as a survivor you deserve to give yourself every opportunity you possibly can. "Keep breaking the mould and keep it real"
The next journey in my recovery was to go down the route of Internet Affiliate Marketing, it is the future. I challenge you to click the link below, watch the no obligation 7 day videos and then decide from there.
Thank you for reading.