“The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible.” - Richard M Devos
Vision… In more than 3,300 studies of leaders conducted over the years, there is a special quality that stands out, a quality that all great leaders have in common… Vision. Leaders have vision. Non-Leaders do not.
Most of the time Leaders think about the future and where they are going and what they can do to get there. Non-leaders, on the other hand, think about the present and the pleasures and problems of the moment. They think and worry about the past and what has happened that cannot be changed.
Imagine for a moment that you have no limitations at all. No limitations to what you could be, have or do in the pursuit of the goals that are really important to you.
When you answer the following questions, imagine that you have no limits, that everything is possible for you.
In Peter Druckers words; “We greatly overestimate what we can accomplish in one year. But we greatly underestimate what we can accomplish in five years.”
Don’t let this happen to you. Don’t underestimate your potential.
Here are the 7 Questions for you to answer to help Create Your Own Future:
1. Imagine that there is a solution to every problem, a way to overcome every limitation, and no limit on your achieving every goal you can set for yourself.
What would you do differently?
2. Project forward five years and look back to the present.
What would have to have happened for your world to be ideal?
3. Imagine your financial life was perfect in every way.
How much would you be earning? How much would you be worth? What steps could you take, starting today, to make these goals a reality?
4. Imagine your family and personal life were perfect.
What would it look like? What should you start doing more of, less of, starting today?
5. Plan your perfect calendar. Design your year from January to December as if you had no limitations.
What would you change, starting today?
6. Imagine your levels of health and fitness were perfect.
What could you do, starting today, to make your vision for yourself into a reality?
7. What one action are you going to take immediately as the result of your answers to the questions above?
Remember that “happiness is the progressive realisation of a worthy ideal.”
When you have clear, exciting goals and ideals, you will feel happier about yourself and your world. You will be more positive and optimistic. You will feel motivated to get up and get going every morning because every step you are taking will be moving you in the direction of something that is important to you.
You can make your future better than anything that may have happened in your past. There are no limits.
I would love to hear your feedback and what actions you’re taking today, so leave a comment!