Have you ever wondered why so many have made it and others fail?
Remember when you first started your job as a new employee? Hopefully, you went through a series of training to get you on board. However, more often than not you had to figure it out along the way. Let’s face it, if you are going to get started as an entrepreneur there are some things you will need to figure out along the way.
When I got started I made a list of all my soft-skills, what I was good at and what others thought I was good at. A clear understanding of my experiences and qualifications motivated me to take action.
- Adaptability - things are constantly changing in the workplace. To maintain your status quo you had to learn new skills, a new system or program, a new process. You may have had to receive training of some sort.
- Problem-solving - all too often you’ve had to figure it out yourself. When you find yourself stuck you don’t give up.
5 Steps to jumpstart your entrepreneurial life
Following the 5 steps to jumpstart an entrepreneurial lifestyle, I found the perfect segue to hire myself, get on-the-job training (OJT) and begin earning a living on my own terms.
1. Create a list of your soft skills, hard skills, and accomplishments. What do people say you are good at doing? What do you enjoy doing? Write it and read it aloud to yourself.
2. OJT - Don’t wait. Develop your own on-the-job training. In order to get started, you have to start something. GET STARTED!
“Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” - Francis of Assisi
3. Invest in yourself. Read books, visit credible websites, listen to audios, engage in webinars, research your niche, attend conferences, listen to podcasts. Listening to podcasts is an excellent way to learn while commuting, or during lunch time. Get started by subscribing to these top winning researched podcasts such as The Tim Ferriss Show, Self Made Man, and This is Your Life. Expose yourself to anything that will enhance your sense of self and plug into areas that improve personal development.
4. Remove negativity both internally and externally. Sometimes we focus only on the external negativity in the world around us but internal negativity is just as powerful. What do I mean by internally? By immediately recognizing when you have a negative thought. If you don’t, one negative thought often leads to another negative thought. Test yourself. Recognizing it as soon as it happens can help you prevent the momentum. You will begin to shift your thoughts from negative to positive with practice. Find positive influences and surround yourself with people with positive attitudes.
5. Seek mentorship - build a relationship with others who are willing to share their ideas with you. This also includes a paid mentor or coach. My first mentor is a vision and mindset expert. Through quality mentoring sessions my mentor provided me with tools I still use today in my life’s journey. A mentor is there to help you grow and produce the results you need in less time. You don’t have to do it alone. A paid mentor is interested in your outcome and available to you at a regularly scheduled time. Some coaches even offer group training. If you still think you don’t need one read Entrepreneur
What if you could hire yourself?
I once heard it said, “what you seek will seek you.” It is my hope that you will find value in these steps to get you closer to reaching your goals, and that what you seek will seek you.
In my search to an entrepreneur lifestyle, I discovered the Six Figure Mentors (SFM). With the SFM I was able to kickstart my online business as an affiliate marketer. Now that technology is taking over the marketplace, I can truly say that SFM has placed me on the cutting edge. With their world-class products, digital business systems, and marketing education, I am building a profitable online business as an entrepreneur.