Do you want to have more things to be grateful for?
I certainly do!
The trick is to be already grateful for the things you already have! I know that that can be very provocative, especially when you feel that you haven’t much to be grateful for, but still, it’s true.
If you are in a mood and vibration that you don’t feel that you have anything to be grateful, for you definitely have to work on this because if you are not grateful for the things you have, the Universe will not give you more to be grateful for.
To turn this around you have to start looking for things that you can be thankful for in your life right now, where you are, with what you already have, and I know from my own experience, that that is the most challenging thing in life when you feel that you have nothing to be grateful for! You feel stuck, and you have no idea where to start. But the truth is that what you focus on expands! When I focused on how bad I felt and all the things that were wrong, then that was all I could see. Shortly after that, I heard Bob Proctor talk about being grateful for what you have is the key to both happiness and success. Did I want to be happy? Yes, I did! Very much so! Did I want to succeed? Yes! He talked a little bit about writing in a journal, so I tried that.
When I started to write, in a notebook, about all the things I was grateful for, like being alive, having a family that loves me, living in a peaceful and rich country, I slowly but steadily I began to see more and more things that were good in my life, a lot of them were great in the matter of fact, but I had been taking them for granted. Some days are harder than others when I should write about the things that I am grateful for and some days are really easy, but over time this exercise means a lot to me. It means that I consciously think about what I am grateful for and I do that every night before I go to sleep and that means that it becomes a habit. And it is the things that you do every day that counts! So if I want to have more things to be grateful for, the first thing I have to do is to start looking for them! Otherwise, I won’t even see them, even though I’m standing right in front of them.
Okay then, how do you do that?
- First, you have to decide for yourself that you should try something new to be more grateful.
- Then you have to set aside some time every day, at least 10 minutes, just before you should go to sleep.
- You should have a pen and paper next to your bed so you can write.
- Then you write 5 new every night things that you are grateful for in your life. You should write a sentence and why you are grateful for that. Example: I am so grateful that I am alive so I can hug my family. I am so grateful that I live in a country where we have peace, so I don’t have to be terrified every day. I am so grateful for that lovely cup of tea I had on my porch today; I really enjoyed that moment.
Why should you do this?
- You consciously choose to think of what you are grateful for every day and what you focus on expands: you think of more things to be grateful for, and then you get more things to be grateful for. It’s like you have decided to buy a new red car and suddenly you see red cars everywhere.
- The state of mind that you are in just before you fall asleep is the state of mind you will wake up in, and don’t you want to wake up feeling grateful?
- When you have done this for an about a month you will notice that you also become happier, just like Bob Proctor said, and about being more successful, I am on my way ;-D.
When should you do this?
Right before you get to sleep, if you want the effect I mentioned above, but some people prefer to start the day with this exercise. Personally, I prefer to do this at night; it gives me the sense of relief right before I go to sleep, I feel that I have so many things to be grateful for and that keeps my mind calm and satisfied so that I can sleep well all night.
If you have some good ideas about how to become more grateful, I really appreciate if you sent me an e-mail so I can learn from you too!
Have a wonderful day!
PS1. The Success Coach Jack Canfield says something like this: Nothing ever changes for the better unless you do!
PS2. If you want to learn how to be even more grateful AND learn how to earn money on the Internet, please click on the banner