When you conquer and accept the idea that anything is possible, doors seem to open as if by magic and miracles begin to unfold as if the world was yours. At that moment, however, you have to add the determination, the hard work and the consistency. But do you believe in yourself enough to try?
I know from experience that it can be scary to walk into the unknown. But you should ask yourself: “What is worse, taking a leap of faith or looking back over my life and have regrets?”
What is the worst thing that could really happen? Failing!
Understand that there are no such things as failures, only lessons to be learned to grow forward.
A few days ago, a young person asked me this question, here are his exact words: “I am 20 and have no education, can I still be successful? I don’t know basic math or science. I have a minimal understanding of history. I don’t know anything about anything. I spent my younger years doing drugs and wasting my life. Is it too late for me to learn and be a smart person or have I wasted to many years of my life?”
It is very nice to hear when someone this young, which had a bad start, has such awareness, has begun to think and is ready to change by wanting to learn and do well at the early age of 20.
Anything is possible because nothing is impossible to the person which puts his mind to it!
Of course the notion of goals and success is different for each and every one.
The Notion of What is Possible
If I talk about this, it is because if your notion of ‘what is possible’ is to have wealth, you should know no one never got rich by working on a 9 to 5 job and saving unless taking risks and investing to make more money.
Now, if your idea of ‘everything is possible’ is to have a good job and live a normal life, then yes going to school is okay, but in both cases, you should still acquire meanwhile a self-education to better yourself and grow.
You should not forget that there is a process before getting results.
If you believe anything is possible, you must be 100% committed to achieve your goals or else you will never come close to achieving what you want in life. This means you must be obsessed with getting results.
If you don’t, it is like having a compass with no map. If you want the map to go with the compass, you must do the work. And it takes a lot of work to reach the treasure and the first step up is to get your knowledge up.
Read books, watch free videos, get courses online, go to seminars, get a relevant job, find a mentor, etc.
People who believe in themselves do not wait for opportunities, they make them, and they create them. So, for example, starting your blog to tell your story is making and creating an opportunity.
You need to believe anything is possible and have the winning mentality which build a door where there are none, turn barriers into gaps, walls into miracles and difficulties into opportunities, whatever others think of you.
Yes, of course, the need to work hard still there, but by being consistent day in and day out, step by step, even if they are baby steps, you’ll get there. Reward yourself each time you make a step forward, so as to build your self-confidence.
If you believe anything is possible and are willing to do whatever it takes to be where you want to be, I have no doubt you will achieve success. I restarted so many times in my life and the last time I was near the age of 50, and this time I am successful.
Watch this short video about Arnold Schwarzenegger; you will see that all is possible.
Some of the Things You Could Start With
- Love what you do. Choose something you love to do and are passionate about if you want to succeed. Use it as a service to help others.
- Dream big. Don’t be afraid to aim high and to believe that all is possible. All of it starts within your mind.
- Educate yourself. Start reading books about motivation, success or successful people and how they did it. Watch free videos. Take courses and seminars.
- Learn to separate yourself. Learn to separate yourself from the so-called winners from losers. Surround yourself with people who affirm you. Keep away from any form of negativity. Let others experience their own reality and be an example of hope for others.
- Read every day. Read anytime you have the chance; it is like having a conversation with the best minds of the past and the present. They will act as your silent mentors. And it will help you rewire your brain with new neurons and solidify pathways.
- Start a blog. Start your own blog to relate your past experiences and help others who have the same experiences as you and are trying to find a way out.
- Study and copy. Learn, copy and put into action what you learn from all successful people and mentors who thought anything was possible, then use it to make your own.
- Build authority. A blog is a good start because as you write, you build yourself a name, be known as an authority and to later on get a website and create a business for yourself.
- Move forward. Move forward each day by doing small steps towards your goals and reward yourself for doing it. You will actually feel more confident.
- No easy path. Choose the more challenging path. Never choose the easy path, as you won’t learn much that way. Meaning: “Get out of your comfort zone.”
- Be smart. Surround yourself with people who are smarter and have a larger skill set than you so can learn from them and they may help you succeed.
- Don’t give up, ever. Through the belief in yourself, keep going even when something bad happens since you know that ultimately success will knock on your doorstep.
So don’t sit on the sidelines. It is time to take that leap of faith and jump. Believe anything is possible. Have faith in YOU. And if you are willing to climb to the top, then I look forward to seeing you there.
To Your Success!
Sergei VanBellinghen, Founder & CEO of First-Class Lifestyle, currently a Self-Improvement & Success Expert Consultant, using self-development techniques to help you succeed and have a better life. Visit my website at sergeivanbellinghen.com