SENIOR ENTREPRENEURS OFTEN BEGIN THEIR ONLINE JOURNEY OUT OF NECESSITY.
- Perhaps they involuntarily lost their jobs through no fault of their own or, like us had to retire on savings that do not allow them to live their lives as they would wish with today’s cost of living.
- There are certain challenges in building a business on the ‘net that are unique to some seniors. One problem is that many seniors don’t know or understand the intricacies of the new computer technology. They may flounder or become discouraged as they try to learn.
- But us seniors do have many advantages when starting a new business, the major one being experience.
- One danger of trying to learn the new technology is trying to do too much – too fast. It takes time to learn even the basics of a computer and how the Internet works. Starting a business can be a scary transition from working for someone to working for yourself and when you have the added obstacle of learning a new technology, it can be very daunting.
Starting A Business On The Internet Doesn’t Require Breaking The Bank With Startup Costs.
- If you have a computer and access to the Internet, you’re already well on your way to gaining the business acumen you’ll need.
- Websites and other types of help exist that promote senior entrepreneurial activities and offer solutions to any and all problems seniors may face. At first, seniors are intimidated by all they have to learn to become an online entrepreneur.
- They’re afraid they may not have the mental prowess, business acumen or energy to make an online business work. They also don’t want to take on financial burdens and run a risk of losing their savings.
- Most media stories tend to focus on younger entrepreneurs such as guru, Mark Zuckerberg, who became a young billionaire by introducing Facebook – a socializing network used the world over.
- But, there are plenty of senior entrepreneurs who have been enormously successful with startup businesses. At the very least, seniors can easily supplement their retirement income and live a better lifestyle than before the Internet made it possible to become successful with home-based businesses.
It’s A Fact That Age Isn’t A Factor In Internet Startup Businesses.
- If you have the passion and can make a commitment to learn and utilize all that computers and the Internet has to offer, you can profit during financially tough times. Don’t be content to waste the best years of your life living a financially strapped and lackadaisical lifestyle. Shakespeare wrote, “Leisure is a fine garment for a day, but is horrible daily attire.” Learn how the Internet can help make you into a senior entrepreneur.
Don't let others rule your later years. Use the knowledge and experience you have gained to inspire others and lead the way forward. There is so much value in your past years, use it to your advantage and help change the world.
Good Luck,Keep Positive,Have Fun! Go Forward With 60PlusEntrepreneurs.com
For a copy of our Guide for Seniors Building a Business on the Internet