For more blog posts go to www.elysiumspassage.com
SHINE YOUR LIGHT
Shining our light is important to our happiness and well-being including the well being of everyone around us. How we feel inside is transmitted to others and they transmit that to others.
Each of us is like a little lighthouse shining our state of consciousness to everyone around us, whether we are aware of it or not. That's going on at every moment. If our light is out, we have only darkness to offer. If we're happy we can’t help but shine our light. That’s why it is very important we maintain a happy state of consciousness. It affects not only us but everyone. This is how the world’s conscious awareness is lifted… one person at a time.
So, how do we shine our light when all we see is darkness around us?
I believe the most obvious and practical answer is the practice of gratitude. It's not always easy, but nothing will lighten our spirit more than having an attitude of thankfulness throughout the day. And not just our spirit, but we uplift others as we uplift ourselves. And as we uplift others, we are uplifted. And so the reciprocity continues. As Buddha stated (above), if you light a lamp for someone else it will also brighten your path.
But it is our responsibility to become grateful. Only we can take care of our emotional health and well-being by consciously practising gratitude. I say practice because acknowledging gratitude is often something that has to be done again and again since our human default state is to not be grateful. In fact, our ego state of consciousness is the opposite of grateful and so it doesn't see abundance but lack and how can you be grateful for lack.
We must first train ourselves to be grateful before we can see what’s there. We can't see what remains hidden in darkness. And what's here, hidden in the darkness, is bountiful abundance. But we first must shine our light of gratitude to see what’s there, rather than the lack the ego perceives.
That's the work of transforming our consciousness to recognize our default state of consciousness is not our true state and so does not reflect our abundant reality. It reflects our ego's illusory reality of misperceptions and misunderstandings. It’s not grateful for what it has and so believes there isn't enough. And since it believes there isn't enough it must strive and struggle against everyone else to get what it wants.
This darkness is the opposite of what is true. Reality is not a zero-sum game but is abundant where there is only gain in giving. That becomes evident when we transcend our ego by giving light to others, and thereby to others. That’s abundance. We are never more in the light than when we give our light. How else could we give it if we aren't already in the light?
In conclusion, here are some quotes to think about on the subject of Shining our Light:
1. “The more light you allow within you the brighter the world you live in will be.” – Shakti Gawain
2. “Simply shine your light on the road ahead, and you are helping others to see their way out of darkness.” – Katrina Mayer
3. “Small lights have a way of being seen in a dark world.” – Neal A. Maxwell
4. “You playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightening about shrinking so others won’t feel insecure around you. As you let your own light shine, you indirectly give others permission to do the same.” – Marianne Williamson
5. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
6. “Let your light shine so brightly that others can see their way out of the dark.” – Unknown
7. “Let your light shine today, and let your personality blossom, too. You don’t have to be a people-pleaser, just a people-lover.” – Beth Moore
8. “Your greatest test is when you are able to bless someone else while you are going through your own storm.” – Unknown
7. “Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world.” – A Course in Miracles
10. “Ours is the responsibility to keep our lights bright for others to see and follow.” – Thomas S. Monson
11. “There is no darkness so dense, so menacing, or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by light.” – Vern P. Stanfill
12. “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
13. “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.”
– Edith Wharton
14. “We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to the shining—they just shine.” – Dwight L. Moody
15. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” – Charles Dickens
16. “The darkness around us might somewhat light up if we would first practice using the light we have in the place we are.” – Henry S. Haskins
17. “Stars don’t shine because they want to be seen. They shine because they are stars.”
– Alexander Den Heijer
18. “In the midst of darkness, light persists.” – Mahatma Gandhi
19. “Your work is to discover who you are and then with all your heart give your light to the world.” – Jennifer Williamson
20. “If you want to give light to others you have to glow yourself.” – Thomas S. Monson
21. “When you possess light within, you see it externally." – Anaïs Nin
22. “Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself.” – Richard Bach
23. “Be aware that who you are and what you have to offer can be a beacon to some lost soul.”
– Iyanla Vanzant
24. “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being.” – Hafiz
25. “Accept your light and let it shine to create your own lighthouse on a stormy night.” – Pauline Duncan-Thrasher
SUMMARY OF ELYSIUM'S PASSAGE: THE SUMMIT
ELYSIUM'S PASSAGE: THE SUMMIT is the first in a series of five Elysium narrations regarding a young British philosopher named James Phillips, who finds himself living in an altered state of reality while still remaining on earth.
After experiencing a near-fatal fall while climbing to the summit of a remote mountain in the Andes, James awakens in a new dimension. He soon encounters two mysterious beings who provide him with a very different perspective on the nature of his existence. Over the next year, before his body recovers from the coma, he is challenged to re-examine his understanding of life’s meaning and purpose far beyond anything he previously believed or could believe.
An engaging and sometime surreal adventure with intimations of impending romance, the narrative explores the most important questions about life, death, reality, and our ultimate destiny.
The Plains of Elysium (Champs-Élysées) was described by Homer, Hesiod, Virgil, and many other poets as the paradisiac afterlife realm reserved for heroes. As the title suggests, this is about a journey through a passage that leads towards Elysium’s exciting realm of existence.
To read a sample press review at https://www.prweb.com/releases/2018/05/prweb15515775.htm
(ATTEMPTED) VIDEO INTRODUCTION TO THE SERIES
The following comments are excerpts from among the first readers, including a number of Amazon five star reviews. To read the full reviews, go to READER REVIEWS on www.elysiumspassage.com or directly at https://digitalbloggers.com/arts-and-entertainment/reader-reviews
"A delightful mix of fantasy, reality, conjecture, and humour; Mr Meyers draws the reader into the story with a gentle narrative that captures the imagination, leaving one anxious to get to the next page drawing you into his exceptional world.”
"Quietly, gently, and without imposition, the Author unfolds the pages, creating an intricate, interlocking bridge spanning the chasm between mind and heart. Renewing, refreshing, restoring. In my bereavement, it was vigil and light…"
“Excellently written with an exceedingly deep understanding of this world and the next. The characters are very well written and engaging. I can't wait to complete this book!"
“Takes the reader on both a philosophical and spiritual journey, a journey that at times is both disquieting and tranquil. James, a British Philosopher, can be irreverent and caustic, traits that should have left me cringing, but instead made me laugh out loud. Elysium’s Passage is a fun, enlightening and remarkable book.”
“This is a masterful fantasy, becoming a real possibility, as the reader is drawn into the story. The Summit leaves you anxious for the next book in the series, yet also leaves you totally satisfied with the world you have just visited. Genius! An exciting yet calming experience that is not to be missed."
"There was hardly a page on which I did not find at least one sentence worthy of hi-lighting for future reference. In addition, I thoroughly enjoyed the main character, James, whose personality and passionate verbal exchanges with the other characters, kept me coming back for more. I am reading the book for a second time while I wait for the next one in this series to be made available."
“N.G. Meyers has clearly put a great deal of research and thought into what the afterlife may look like and I like his perspective. It’s an altogether welcoming and exciting vision. The book gives one a great deal to think about and a reassuring confidence that the end of our lives is truly the beginning of life in the next. I highly recommend it."
"I am really enjoying your book, it’s fantastic! It is so incredible and diversified that I can’t really explain it to other people, so what I say is just read this book. Thank you so much for the blessings that you’ve given the world!"
“The humour interjected into a serious discussion makes me laugh out loud. Totally unexpected....l may be in the presence of at least a master, if not a genius. A fair ride into reality... seeking that which is unseen, yet absolutely real.”
“An engaging story of adventure embracing man's deepest desire to search for meaning and purpose, N.G. Meyers takes the reader on an adventurous thought-provoking journey. This book has substance. It is a perfect blend of adventure and fantasy combined with spiritual philosophy. It ignited my imagination. The author magically weaves a good story laced with wit and humour together with deep philosophical wisdom. This book has it all!”
“An evolution in thought is triggered by many fresh philosophical themes which could inspire readers to re-think their reality and former ideologies that have dictated their lives… the author fires readers’ imaginations to view what could be possible when spirit vacates the body.”
“This is the book spiritual seekers have been waiting for. For me, it granted a great read as well as increased inspiration to live every day with a heightened sense of purpose. I highly recommend it.
“The Summit is capable of hooking readers and luring them to search for Book 2 to discover more about Dr. Philip’s surreal trek into the mysterious unknown universe. This thick book is well worth the read and to share…”
“Mind-blowing statements and speculation (‘…everyone is a non-physical thought form conceived in the Mind of God, preserved for all eternity because God’s thoughts never die…’). Many will find Meyers’ journey up the Mountain intriguing—and possibly even life-changing.” (BLUEINK REVIEW)
“In its effort to grapple with fundamental questions about the meaning of life, it raises questions that have echoed throughout the ages, including about where we come from, where we are going, who we are.” (CLARION REVIEW)
PENDING PUBLICATIONS IN THE SERIES
The Summit is now available for purchase. With the exception of the last novel, the other three have been written but still require more editing before publication.
The following titles in the Elysium's Passage series are projected to be released as follows:
THE SUMMIT available
QUANTUM LEAPS summer 2020
SURREAL ADVENTURES fall 2020
MYSTICAL ROMANCE spring 2021
HE ELIXIR spring 2022
THE RETURN sometime in 2023
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/neil.meyers.1 or www.facebook.com/elysiumspassage/
For more blog postings click: https://digitalbloggers.com/articles/elysiumspassage
YouTube: Elysium Passage Channel
AMAZON: Elysium's Passage: The Summit and is now available hard copy and eBook at www.amazon.com