Work at home is a great way to stay home with your kids while still supplementing the familys income. On the flipside, it can be challenging to be mother and employee at the same time.
Your stress level will rise quickly when you have deadlines to keep or phone calls to make while your little ones are acting out.
Implement a few of the ideas below to prevent Work at Home Mom Burnout.
1. Dont work more than you have to. Money isnt everything. Your family needs a happy and sane mom.
2. Create a schedule or to-do list both for work and your personal life. Just realize that you won't always get everything done and dont worry if you dont. Theres always tomorrow.
3. Designate an errand day. Spend one day a week running around town getting everything done for the week. This is when you will grocery shop, drop things off at the dry cleaner, go to the post office and anything else you need to do.
4. Enjoy your kids. Take some time to play with them every day. Have a picnic lunch in the yard, take them on a little field trip or just play catch for a while. Your work at home mom because you want to spend time with your kids. Work and house chores can wait while you play.
5. Go out on a date with your spouse. Make date night a regular occurrence and connect with your lover.
6. Have lunch with a girlfriend. We need some adult conversation every now and then. Make time to stay in touch with your friends.
7. Call a friend. If you are having a bad day, call a good friend and just talk for a little while. Youll be relaxed and rejuvenated when you get back.
8. Get some exercise. Go for a walk, join a gym, or try a Pilates class. Exercise will not only keep you in shape, but it's also a great de-stressor.
9. Play some upbeat music and dance around the living room. Who cares if your kids and the neighbors think youve lost it? You are having fun and are releasing all that build up physical energy.
10. If you own a business, stick to one until it more or less runs itself. Dont burn yourself out by trying to run several businesses at the same time.
Start implementing a few of these ideas today and watch your stress level go down. You will prevent work at home mom burnout and get to enjoy life more.
Your family will appreciate spending time with a fun and relaxed mom. Thats what its all about spending quality time with your family