Young in the heart, Young in the soul
Through my journey of blogging for positive thinking, I will cover multiple attitudes that we can adopt to live joyfuly and delighted.
Today I will dive in the attitude “stay young in the heart”. I will highlight some facts about what it does to your body and your mental health to be young at heart.
But first let’s get the definition of young at heart. According to dictionary.com young at heart means having a youthful outlook, especially in spite of one's age.
Personally, to me be young in the heart is to be alive, to be fully engaged in life, being interested, alert, and using all the gifts God has given us each and every day.
No matter what age you are, feeling young in the heart is related with positive thinking and positive thinking has been linked with better health, longer life, and greater well-being in numerous scientific studies. On the other hand, chronic anger, worry, and hostility increase the risk of developing heart disease, as people react to these feelings with raised blood pressure and stiffening of blood vessels.
Aging is only a chronological number. Youth is a state of mind. It is not a certain look.
A research letter in JAMA Internal Medicine found that older people who felt three or more years younger than their actual (chronological) age had a lower death rate compared with those who felt their age or those who felt more than one year older than their actual age.
Here some tips to assist you to be young in the heart all the time.
- Smile to strangers.
- Be spontaneous, laugh at yourself.
- Care for others no matter what is happening to you because of your chronological age.
- Look to the bright side of life, be full of joy.
- Never believe you are too old to do anything, do not surrender. Do not forget the saying “you don’t use you lose”.
- Eat what you like, a study shows that many mature adults attribute their youthful attitude to their refusal to completely cut out the things they enjoy - such as butter, alcohol and chocolate.
- Take care of your physical appearance, dress up in colours and don’t be shy to show your physique. Wear perfume, keep your skin well hydrated .Eat healthy, drink plenty of water, and exercise at least three times a week.
- Do something daring, that requires a lot of courage, like jumping out of a plane with parachute, start an online business? Develop new skills; this will keep you active, busy and engaged.
- Spend time with likeminded people who are on the same page like you, because they understand your language. You empower and motivate one another.
- Have a great sex life, read erotic literature, spend quality time with your significant other half.
- Practice mindfulness and meditation. Scientific research shows that meditation is effective in promoting a sense of well-being and improving focus, relieves stress and anxiety.
- Develop a sense of meaning in life. Focus on something larger than yourself; think of how to be of help to other. “When our focus is just on our own immediate pleasure or pain, we’re much more likely to have difficulty with the aging process,” says Dr. Siegel.
A year ago I was at a place where I was unwell, I was anxious and stressed. I stopped work to take care of my health. I think it was the best decision that I have ever made. Now I am feeling better, but more over I am in a space of tranquility, love, compassion and care. I found my purpose and started my online business. I encourage you to visit my website atozonlinebusiness.com, I offer mentorship program that renders education on how to start an online business. Moreover,it is about coaching individuals to find serenity, good quality of life and fulfillment.
There is no magic pill that you can swallow that puts you in contentment; it is in the power of your thoughts, which control your well-being.
I hope you have enjoyed my article, please comment and give me your thoughts.
Enjoy "Monsters (A Song for Youth at Heart)" by Vince Freeman (iTunes)
From my heart to yours, love and regards to the devine in you!