Could happy retirement and affiliate marketing make a fit?
Mention happy retirement and affiliate marketing, and you will immediately raise question marks. Retirement is when you're going to slow down and enjoy life. Marketing "smells" work all the way through.
To reach or approach the age of retirement was earlier an important milestone in life. It was the moment when the work responsibility was handed over to a younger generation. You should now enjoy life and do what you couldn't do during your active life in the labor market.
Serious corporations planned together with the employee how to switch smoothly from a productive person to an ex-employee, no longer involved in the company's development where they had been working their whole life. Theoretically, all seemed to be an excellent plan. The corporation could replace the older and maybe obsolete employee with a younger and updated person eager to make a career.
For many, the lower-income as retired comes as a surprise. It varies from country to country, but as an example, according to Forbes, "Half of Americans over 55 may retire poor."
The cross-road between theory and real life
The reality does not always coincide with the glamorous theoretical model. There can be many reasons, but here are the most common:
- No retirement plan exists, and the magic age for retirement becomes more of a nightmare than something looking forward to
- With the financial situation the world has faced in the last decades, the funds for a decent retirement have deteriorated considerably. Without personal savings, it is almost impossible to live a decent life as retired.
- Human beings live longer than before, and the group of people retiring is more significant every year. This calculation is not taken into account when setting up the beautiful "theoretical model" for retirement.
From the employee's perspective, many out there don't want to finish to be productive. The main labor assets a senior person can offer are the following:
- An enormous working experience and particularly extensive know-how and skill set in the profession executed for many years.
- With all years of experience, a senior person typically has a personal network that can serve as a goldmine if used correctly.
- A senior person has passed the age of small children and the time-consuming dedication to creating and foster a harmonious family. It's much easier to focus on a particular working topic with power and engagement.
Bringing these two worlds together, where corporations prefer to replace seniors with younger people, and at the same time, a growing group of dedicated seniors not willing to leave their professional lives, the big and challenging question will be how to combine this vast contradictory.... Continue reading!>>