This is a brief commentary on experiencing the wonders of your life. The experience of wonder is simply recognizing and experiencing the moments in our lives that reveal intrigue and produce amazement and appreciation. It also may be beneficial to recognize the fact that we can overlook these incredible and beautiful things that are in our lives for a number of reasons.
What Keeps Us from Recognizing these Moments?
A number of things can keep us from recognizing these moments:
- Cynicism- In reference to perspective and attitude, a cynic present day is someone who finds fault in everything.
- Pride- Sometimes it takes some humility on our part to recognize intrigue and wonder in a given situation.
- Laziness- We can easily fall prey to olds habits of being negative or only seeing one side of an issue or situation.
- Busyness- This is almost a given in today's industrialized societies and now that we are living in the information age. Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting down busyness when it comes to being productive in a positive way. But it's a careful balance when it comes to being able to learn to stop and wonder for a moment or so and then pick up where you left off to be productive.
- Name some of your own- we all have our own personal areas of growth that are unique to ourselves. So what keeps you from stopping and wondering?
Some Brief Examples
Some quick examples of moments of wonder are nature around us like the beauty of snow on the ground and trees, the colors in a sunset, cloud formations, our physical bodies, new scientific discoveries, etc. Other examples are the beauty of positive friendships, the intrigue of personal growth, the depth of appreciation we have for significant individuals in our lives.
Our Lives Are Like a Vapor
It's worth saying that in reference to all of time and the "quick progression of our lives," our lifetime is like a fleeing vapor; here now and gone later. We need to remind ourselves of this when we forget to stop and wonder.
Our lives are full of moments of wonder that we can miss because of cynicism, pride, busyness, etc. It's important to stop, recognize, and experience these moments because our lives are like a vapor, here now and gone later.
Have you learned to stop, recognize, and experience these moments of wonder in your life? What are your obstacles that keep you from experiencing wonder in your life and what is your plan in overcoming these obstacles? What is the most significant and meaningful aspect of this brief commentary on experiencing the wonders of life to you?